GateWay Community College is seeking the following positions for its Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM)-oriented Makerspace (“Phoenix Forge”) that will be opening in downtown Phoenix in Fall 2020. This 22,500-square-foot facility will be open to the public as well as college students, faculty, and staff of the Maricopa County Community College District.
- Electronics & Robotics Instructional Specialist Senior – Specially Funded (Part-time) #314460
- Jewelry Making & Metalsmithing Instructional Specialist Senior – Specially Funded (Part-time) #314464
- Member Services Specialist – Specially Funded (Part-time) #314455
- Metal Shop Instructional Specialist – Specially Funded (Part-time) #314466
- Wood Shop Instructional Specialist – Specially Funded (Part-time) #314469
Do you want to work in an organization that is dedicated to helping a highly diverse student body succeed? At GateWay Community College, one of the 10 community colleges within the Maricopa County Community College District, join a team that is guiding approximately 12,000 students annually in the heart of the city of Phoenix.
Our academic offerings are diverse, with more than 150 degree programs to choose from. GateWay serves one of the most diverse student bodies within the district and is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution with over 46 percent indicating Hispanic heritage. More than half of our student population represents more than 40 countries, it’s a vibrant community where various cultures are celebrated regularly. Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning – find your purpose. Join our community and make a difference.
These grant funded assignments will have a projected end date of 06/30/2021 with renewal based on available funds and the needs of Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
- Indicate whether full or part-time experience for each position held.
- Three references, by current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview
Please apply directly on our site at: www.maricopa.edu/about/careers
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
“Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.”
“The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act”