Marketing & Public Relations Analyst
$47,363 – $61,571/annually DOE
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5p.m. Evenings and Weekends as needed
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
GateWay Community College is a Hispanic Serving Institution with one of the most diverse student bodies in the Maricopa Community College district. Over 46% of our students indicate Hispanic heritage and better than half of the student population represents more than 40 countries.
GateWay Community College is seeking to attract candidates who want to help us continue building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. GateWay Community College understands that diversity is integral to excellence. We honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming, inclusive, respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who reflect, and demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse communities and populations that make Arizona a rich and vibrant place to live and work. When you join the team at GateWay, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice built on broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students, and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at GateWay, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Vision, Mission, Goals, and Values.
GateWay Community College is seeking a Public Relations & Marketing expert for its Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM)-oriented Makerspace (PHOENIX FORGE) in downtown Phoenix. This 22,500-square-foot facility is open to the public as well as college students, faculty, and the staff of the Maricopa County Community College District.
The successful candidate will lead all public and internal marketing, communication, social media, and design initiatives for the Makerspace. Responsibilities include branding identity and marketing strategy development, implementation and analysis; as well as event coordination and promotion. Additionally, this position represents the Makerspace at college, District and external meetings, events, and conferences to build community and industry awareness of the Makerspace.
40% Plans, designs, writes, and distributes marketing and communication materials for Makerspace programs and services through a variety of channels, including the Makerspace website, social media, print media, advertising, and more. Serves as point-of-contact for media outlets and seeks out media opportunities.
20 % Researches, develops and analyzes the branding, marketing and communication strategy for the Makerspace and associated projects for both internal and external stakeholders. Supports fundraising efforts.
20 % Serves as representative for the Makerspace at internal and external events, meetings, and conferences to ensure public awareness of the Makerspace.
20% Coordinates promotional events (including VIP tours).Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in public relations, marketing, or related field and two years of professional level experience in developing and implementing public relations and marketing activities, projects and campaigns.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in public relations, marketing, or related field and four years of professional level experience in developing and implementing public relations and marketing activities, projects and campaigns.
High school or GED and six years of professional level experience in developing and implementing public relations and marketing activities, projects and campaigns.
A. Familiarity with makerspaces (professionally or as a makerspace user).
B. Basic knowledge of photography, video/editing and audio equipment; proficient in Adobe Suite applications and media editing procedures and best practices.
C. Experience with graphic design and brand development, digital content creation, website design and maintenance.
D. Experience applying various writing styles with the ability to adapt tone of voice to appeal to multiple audience and stakeholder segments.
E. Experience maintaining a Customer Relation Management tool (CRM) such as Hubspot, building and tracking a list of interested leads, and nurturing potential client relationships digitally and in-person.
Special Working Conditions
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver’s license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving: http://business.maricopa.edu/risk-management/motor-vehicle-usage/motor-vehicle-driving-requirements
- Local travel required
- Work schedule typically Monday-Friday 8am- 5pm. May vary on occasion. Evening and weekends as needed for events.
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to work in an area with light to moderate noise levels on occasion.
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25lbs
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. Cover letter encouraged. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment (must include number of hours worked)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before October 21, 2021 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act